Coating 101 Short Course*
Pigmented Coatings for Paper and Paperboard
Saturday, May 4th & Sunday, May 5th
Hyatt Regency Indianapolis
Concept A-D, Level Two
Registration Opening Soon
Title: Coating 101 Short Course – Pigmented coatings for paper and paperboard
Date: May 4-5th
May 4th : 8:00-6:00 pm with a working lunch
May 5th : 8:30-3:30 pm with a working lunch
This course will be targeted at paper coating professionals who are new to the industry as well as those who have some experience in the business but are now in need of understanding of the basics of the This course should appeal to commercial people desiring a technical base, to people with experience in other industries but new to the paper industry, to young people either fresh out of college or new to coating, and to people who’ve spent their previous years in other parts of the paper industry.
- People attending this course should leave with a basic understanding of critical coating topics including:
- Why paper and paperboard are coated
- Overview of coated paper and paperboard grades and their uses
- Properties of coating base stock and paperboard being coated
- Raw materials used in the preparation of paper coatings.
- Coating formulation and preparation by end‐use requirements.
- Testing of paper coatings
- Coating rheology
- Coating application technologies and paper coating machinery; its operation and which application methods best serve which end uses.
- Testing of coated paper
- Finishing and converting of coated paper
- Basic understanding of printing technologies of coated papers
- Testing of printed paper
- Opportunity to interact with experts in paper and paperboard coatings from around the world with your specific questions
*Registration separate from PaperCon